Wednesday, June 22, 2011

#trust30 - Day 18: Dreams

Dreams by Michael Rad
Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.

(Author: Michael Rad)

My top three dreams:

1) To get my book into readers' hands.
2) To inpire kids to a) love themselves and seek their own greatness, and b) love history and stories and seek knowledge more than entertainment.
3) To provide my family a life that allows them to chase their own dreams.

What is holding me back?

1) Time. Brilliant books, a brilliant web site, and brilliant ways to engage kids all take time to create.
2) Fear. The fear of getting it wrong, of not being brilliant enough, of being rejected.
3) Knowledge. To avoid getting it wrong, I have to increase my knowledge. See Time above.

I'm working through the fear. I'm building my knowledge. So really, the only obstacle left is time. And I have enough of that.

HN

No comments:

Post a Comment