Saturday, May 28, 2011

Checking In

I've been out of touch for a few weeks.

My first excuse: I'm trying to finish the first draft of my new novel in the next two weeks, before I head to the Historical Novel Society conference in California. It's going well...but I've got some work to do. Finished Chapter 19 (of probably 25 to 28) on Thursday night.

My second excuse: my day job has had me traveling to Jacksonville, Florida for the last three weeks--and I'm going back for the next two. Busy days, getting a lot done, but it really cuts into the writing time.

That said, I'll try to get back on before the end of the weekend to do an entry for Memorial Day. Last year I blogged about Tommy Folks. This year's entry will be a little broader in scope, and not quite so personal.

In the meantime, here's a cool Civil War link: Civil War 150. Like everything else from the History Channel, it's pretty basic information--but there's some good stuff there, in a format that's easy to digest quickly. You could call it a Civil War snack, one that might inspire you to go back for a meal later. Be sure to look at the other topics and vote for your favorites!

That's all I've got for now. Now go get your nerd on!
HN

No comments:

Post a Comment