Friday, October 15, 2010

Histry Nerd is Going Pro!

Right. Here's the deal.

I am not a credentialed historian.

I don't have a Ph.D., or tenure, or a professor's chair.

My Master's degree is in business, not history.

I didn't major in history. Or even minor.

All I have is a bunch of books, a few ideas, and a lifelong love of history.

And for me, that's going to be enough. I'm moving forward with it.

Because I've realized--life is too short not to spend it doing something you love. See, I have a good job. It pays well. I'm very good at it. But it isn't what I love.

History is what I love. So that's what I'm going to do.

I've been teaching a history class to my kids' homeschool group. And you know what? They love it. Not just my kids, but just about every kid in the class. And so do I. None of us--not even the parents--cares that I don't have a history degree. We're having fun, and we're learning, and that's what matters.

So I'm going to figure out how to do this full time. Writing, teaching, sharing... you know, nerd stuff. Histry Nerd stuff.

I'm working on my plan. I have some ideas. I'm not quitting my day job, Mom. Not yet.

But this is where my passion is, and I'm going to make it happen.

Watch this space. This is gonna be pretty cool.

HN

No comments:

Post a Comment